About the MHS
The Minnesota Herpetological Society (MHS) is a non-profit, tax-exempt organization open to anyone with an interest in amphibians and reptiles.
The purpose of the MHS is to:
- Further the education of the membership and the general public in the care and captive propagation of reptiles and amphibians.
- Educate the members and the general public on the ecological role of reptiles and amphibians.
- Promote the study and conservation of reptiles and amphibians.
Click HERE for more info!
MHS Adoption Program
Do you have an animal that you are no longer able to care for? Please do not release it into the wild! The MHS Adoption Program is the largest amphibian and reptile adoption program in the state! To surrender an animal, or for more information, check out the Adoption Program's webpage.
Membership in the MHS has many benefits including:
- Monthly meetings (open to the public). Click HERE for meeting dates
- Monthly newsletter (Members ONLY)
- Access to our herp library (books, magazines, and DVDs of presentations)
- Volunteering at hands-on events such as the MN Renaissance Festival and State Fair
- Rodent sales
- Access to the Adoption Program